Pages

Sunday, April 08, 2012

My Take on ...... *Halo Halo de Iloko*


After our my friends surfing 101 in the popular destination for surfing enthusiast in San Juan, La Union, We finally have the chance of tasting the best Halo Halo up north.  My Dear buddy who often frequent this place took us for dinner to try and see the place.  It’s just not the Halo Halo as they say...They also offer yummilicious meals.






Located in P. Burgos St., no one can pass by this colorful house transformed to a hidden gem.



The interiors of the resto is very unique and colorful, using antique bottles, capiz windows as decorations, thus giving it a different appeal.

Spicy Squid with Rice Php 99.00
Pork Binagoongan with Rice Php 99.00

The Spicy Squid is just sautéed squid with a slight kick of chili.  My tolerance on spicy food is very low, whenever I taste spice (anghang!) on my food I lost my appetite but this squid doesn’t. The squid is tender and juicy.  On the other hand the pork binagoongan is what I love!!!.  I suggest everyone to try this.  The pork is cooked well.  The saltiness and sweetness of the bagoong is balanced by the slivered unripe mango.  Yumminess indeed.

And for the finale….. Here comes the ever famous “Halo Halo” of La Union. 

Kiddie Halo Halo Php 60.00
One of the best Halo Halo in the country…I like their Halo Halo because of the very different ingredients (sahog).  Ube, Bukayo (sweet grated coconut), yema pandan, gulaman (cooked in buko juice) mais, nate de coco and saba with burisangsang (as the sweetener), that combination spells goodness… Plus the added toppings of Corn flakes and Cheese.  Can be enjoyed as merienda or dessert or whenever you crave for something cold and refreshing. Must try!

Over all Experience:
Super Duper Okei =) =) =) (Price, Ambience, Food, Service, Location)

Location: Corner P. Burgos St. and Zandueta St., San Fernando City, La Union
Contact Nos.: (072) 700-2030, (0917) 852-7919, (0919) 388-3145






No comments:

Post a Comment