Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Take on ...... * Larry & Mau Diner*


Last Monday was the tail of the super long weekend.  It was “Araw ng Kagitingan” and there’s not much to do as I don’t want to bury myself in bed.  After strolling in the mall and helping my friend to scout a new get-up (naks, bagets!), the clock ticks and it’s time for “chowtime”, we decided to dine in Toast box and have dessert at Parvati but the two dining areas are jam packed by food lovers/hungry mallers/dessert afficionados.  As I remember Larry & Mau recently open a new branch in Centris Walk.  Decided on giving it a try. I found myself standing in front of the cashier who is happily taking my order.




I like the interior of the place.  The color scheme used was just black and white.  Modern minimalist.  And the staff are very attentive.

On the table…

L&M Burger with Fries  Php 110.00
They also offer Super Burger with 1lb beef that is good for sharing.  I got the smaller size.  The beef patty is tender but a bit dry. I like the veggies, instead of putting slices of tomato, onion and cucumber they made it into a salsa and mix the burger sauce.

Smoked Boiled Bacon  Php 175.00
Cured Pork then Smoked then Boiled with Cabbage, Potato and Carrots, the Irish Way.  I haven’t tasted the authentic Irish Boiled Bacon so no comparison.  I like the soup, all the goodness of the bacon slab can be savored in the broth.  Although I prefer that it was served hot not room temperature.
Creamy Carbonara  Php 89.00
Spaghetti noodles with White Sauce. A bit bland for me, sauce is just right, noodles are cooked al dente but cold.  Maybe next time I will try their All Meat Pomodoro pasta.

I ordered Bannoffee for dessert but it’s not available, Chocolate Mousse and Mango Mousse Torte, Banana Split (no banana pa daw), all the yummy sweets are not available (what?!?, walang dessert?) so I go for (the cashier suggested this)…

Iced Cappucino  Php 90.00
Dessert & Drink in one.  Cappucino with whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top.  I love this because the taste of the coffee is strong and balanced by the creaminess of the milk.

Over all Experience:

Okei  =) (Location, Service)

Location: 5D Eton Centris Walk, EDSA corner Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
Tel. No.: 400-1445/376-3950
Store hours: 10am – 10pm











No comments:

Post a Comment