Pages

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

My Take on ......*Rub*


The first time I tried Rub was last year, posted few pictures in my FB account and became an instant must try with some of my friends.  For the second time I revisited their Morato branch.  I have seen their Kapitolyo branch but the one in Quezon City is more accessible to me.  I’m happy that their menu card is more appealing, from laminated paper to now a laminated sticker mounted on a xintra board.  The interior is painted with red, black and white.  Photos hanged on the wall like the Beatles crossing the Abbey Street. 



Accommodating and attentive staff of Rub (semi smile pa)

Small but homey atmosphere
Improved and colored (with graphics) menu card

I ordered the same thing from last year to see if they live up to my best ribs list.  

Caesar Salad  Php 210.00
The old time favorite Caesar salad.  Lettuce, croutons, shrimp, and bacon.  The lettuce is crisp with the added crunch from the bacon and croutons.  The shrimps are battered and fried and not overcooked.  I love how the leaves are lightly dressed, that’s how a Caesar salad should be simple, light and delightful.

Raki's BBQ Ribs  Php 360.00

We got the super duo rib that comes with one slab of ribs and two sides of your choice.  I ordered the Garlic spinach mushroom and the Garlic Potato Mash.  The ribs never fail me, this is why crowd keep coming back, it still was the ever so juicy, smoky and tender ribs that tops my list,  but a little bit disappointed with the sauteed spinach and the potato mash.  The spinach is too dry while the potato is too starchy that needs a little more butter and milk.  I prefer my mashed to be creamy and velvety.  We also ordered the Sprice (Spiced Rice) but forgot to take photo.


And another pitcher of House blend Iced Tea.  Never got the chance to try their Fried Oreo with Vanilla Ice cream for dessert, as I was full with my mouthwatering ribs.  I will surely come back to try other entrees and sandwich.

Over all Experience:

Super Duper Okei  =) =) =) (Value, Location, Atmosphere, Service, Food)

Location: 64 Sct. Rallos, Quezon City





No comments:

Post a Comment